Reporting to the Board of Directors and the Museum and Program Manager, the Tour and Event Associate will greet and check in visitors, lead guided tours, serve as house manager during private event rentals, and help support all guest experience aspects of the house museum.
We seek individuals with a passion for our mission and for cultivating welcoming, memorable, and hospitable experiences for our visitors.
This is a part-time position of $15/hour. This position requires availability on Saturdays from 11:00am-3:00pm, with additional weekday and weekend shift opportunities available as private tours and events are scheduled.
● Greet museum guests and facilitate the check-in process via Eventbrite and/or process walk-up admission transactions via Square.
● Serve as primary house docent, delivering tours, interpreting museum collections, and interacting with all guests in a positive and engaging manner.
● Assist with museum gift shop sales, maintenance, and inventory.
● Serve as onsite house manager during museum programs and private event rentals (including weddings, outdoor events, and film/TV productions) by overseeing setup/cleanup, liaising with renters and vendors, protecting museum assets, and ensuring compliance with rental agreements.
● Support administrative and facilities tasks as needed, including light cleaning, organizing supplies, etc.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
● Strong interpersonal skills; comfortable managing group dynamics, different personalities, and a variety of backgrounds and perspectives
● Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in a wide range of contexts
● Demonstrates integrity, punctuality, professionalism, and a positive attitude
● Demonstrates resilience and flexibility in a fast-paced environment
Essential Physical Requirements:
● Must be able to walk or stand for extended periods of time
● Must be able to verbally communicate with groups of people for extended periods of time
● Must be able to work variable shifts including days, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
● Successful applicants must be able to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
About The Wren’s Nest / Joel Chandler Harris Association:
The Wren’s Nest, the historic home of author and journalist Joel Chandler Harris, is a cultural center, house museum, and National Historic Landmark in Atlanta's West End neighborhood. Our mission is to preserve storytelling traditions, cultivate the next generation of readers and writers, and celebrate self-expression through educational and cultural programming, including house tours, live storytelling performances, free book programs, youth writing programs, and special events. The Wren’s Nest is operated by the Joel Chandler Harris Association, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. | www.wrensnest.org
Georgia Association of Museums is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.P.O. Box 2133, Marietta, GA 30061