Purpose of Position: The Davenport House Museum Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the Davenport House Museum. The Davenport House staff (Assistant Museum Director, Tour Coordinator, Shop Manager, and docents) report to the DH Museum Director
- Coordinate the development of long and sort range plans, resource development, collection and preservation priorities, and program development with the HSF CEO
- Manage DH Committee and DH Endowment Committee
- Work with HSF Controller to provide proper fiscal management, financial reporting procedures, budget development and management; and to meet budgeted fiscal objectives.
- Work with HSF CEO and HSF Development Director on fundraising objectives.
- Develop special events, educational tours, etc. with HSF staff to enhance fundraising.
- Develop best practices for museum shop with CEO and DH Shop Manager to promote robust sales plan
- Develop volunteer support with Assistant Manager of museum and tour coordinator.
- Supervise DH Museum staff and ensure that Historic Savannah Foundation’s personnel policies, federal, state, and local laws are applied in hiring, supervising and evaluating all employees.
- Alert HSF CEO of any liability issues – accident reports must be provided to HSF CEO in a timely manner.
- Represent the DH Museum in the community and among fellow museum professionals.
- Work with HSF’s Assistant Director on implementation of the site’s plan for preservation, day-to-day maintenance, and conservation of the buildings and grounds.
- Manage preservation and documentation of all collections.
- Collaborate with HSF CEO to develop marketing strategies and programs to build daily visitation, and plan and implement special events/receptions.
- Direct the implementation of public programs, including accurate and professional interpretation to the public though daily tours, educational programs, and special events, as well as the Museum Shop.
- Direct research programs for the building, grounds and collections and ensure that documented information is integrated into interpretation, planning and published materials.
- Direct procedures to ensure property security and safety of staff and visitors.
- Perform other duties and functions as directed by the Historic Savannah Foundation CEO.
Education and Experience
5+ years museum management experience
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org