The National Center for Civil and Human Rights (NCCHR) is in search of an experienced Database Manager to maintain our constituent relationship management system (CRMS) based in Blackbaud’s Altru platform. The Database Manager will ensure that donations are entered in an accurate and timely manner; create unique acknowledgment letters for donors and respond timely to donations. Works closely within the Development team to ensure data is accurate and reflects fund development policies, creates, and generates critical reports, ensures proper security measures and settings. Interfaces with the Finance Department to reconcile data. Reviews, recommends, and interprets fund development policies as related to donor database and donor interactions. This position also serves a prospect research role, evaluating records for potential, recording that potential in the database, and communicate it via established channels within the organization.
Reports to: Chief Advancement Officer
• Enters and maintains accurate data on gifts, pledges, grants, donors, and activities in Altru; establishes and standardizes data entry protocols and reviews processes to ensure data accuracy; provides work direction to volunteers.
• Oversees and manages the use of data to enhance fundraising activities; strategically organizes, analyzes, and exports data to support and augment development activities through donor profiles, donor segmentation, moves management, financial and other reports and analysis.
• Produces system reports, including progress toward goals and analysis of activities.
• Produces standard and custom reports – works with staff to identify reporting needs and solutions.
• Produces donor listings for annual report and other projects; pulls email and mailing lists for newsletters, invitations, annual report, and special appeals.
• Creates unique acknowledgment letters for all gifts and various campaigns, ensuring timeliness and accuracy; responds to donor calls, letters, or other methods of contact regarding donor contribution history, resolving questions or concerns using excellent customer service skills.
• Audits and performs regular maintenance of database system, making corrections as needed to maintain database integrity; updates user access to ensure database security; makes changes to Altru database structure as needed to reflect changes in fund development policy; ensures proper security measures and settings.
• Creates and maintains a Altru user manual specific for NCCHR practices; performs Altru user support and training for current and new staff; assists Altru users with running queries and reports as needed.
• Confirms accuracy of monthly pledge reminders and reports on overdue pledges, rescheduling, and write-offs; reconciles Altru gift entry with finance department; sends invoices to all pledges in Altru through finance software.
• Prospect research role, evaluating records for potential, recording that potential in the database, and communicate it via established channels to the Head of Development and CEO.
• Developing reporting capability of Altru to satisfy data needs of users including designing custom reports, plans, directs and implements integrated annual campaign to individual donors and new prospective donors to increase individual donor base and retain donors.
• Monitors, updates and maintains database records promoting system integrity and accuracy.
• Optimizes use and maintenance of database for gift recording, processing, tracking, acknowledgement and reporting purposes.
• Oversees the maintenance and use of online fundraising software and the integration with main donor database. May create and maintain online donation and registration forms as needed.
• Prepares acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
• Provides lists as needed for mailings, e-blasts, recognition, attendance lists, nametags, programs, handouts, and thank you letters as required.
• Responds to donors, prospective donors, board members, and volunteers.
• Performs other related job tasks or responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• Three to five years’ experience managing data, fundraising and reporting in a non-profit CRMS database.
• Altru experience; minimum 2 years required.
• Strong and proven experience working with MS Excel exported reports from Altru; additional experience working with databases for the non-profit community for fundraising software packages.
• Excellent project management skills to include planning the fundraising process, execution of the fundraising process, and seeking direction when necessary.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Problem solving/critical thinking—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully and independently.
• Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Customer service—the individual provides quality support to staff, donors, participants, and others developing appropriate rapport with donors.
• Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, and conducts meetings.
• Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Performance quality—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own.
• Adaptability/flexibility—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Computer skills – Intermediate Word, Excel, and Outlook; Mail Chimp; Advanced Altru.
• Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org